Surroundings & Tips from the Hotel-Restaurant Gilde in Deventer
Deventer is the perfect place to relax and enjoy yourself. The hotel is in a quiet area and is only 500 metres from the centre of the old city. The city itself has plenty of sights and it is surrounded by other pretty towns, making a visit well worthwhile.
The city of Deventer lies on the river IJssel. It is a city with a rich and exciting past that has had many highlights. The city gained city rights as early as 1123. Napoleon visited the city, and for many years it was an important centre for religious reformation and the printing of humanist books. Much has been done to retain the historic character of the inner city. The old street layout has remained largely intact, and hundreds of monuments and buildings have been restored and have kept their original character.
The area around Deventer is very attractive too. Those who like cycling in nature will enjoy themselves here. Near Deventer are the picturesque villages of Diepenveen, Schalkhaar, Lettele, Okkenbroek and Bathmen. The nature here is beautiful in every season. Tips
- Cycling and walking.
- Visit the toy museum or the Schouwburg Deventer.
- Fun for children: The Apenheul in Apeldoorn.
- Golf at the Sallandse Golf Club De Hoek.
- The Hoge Veluwe National Park.
- The History Museum in Deventer.
- Water fun and ice-skating rink De Scheg.
- Visit the picturesque villages of Diepenveen, Schalkhaar, Lettele, Okkenbroek and Bathmen.
- Relax at the Thermen Bussloo spa.